Monday, August 30, 2010

Exercise....ugh!!!

I did it!  I started exercising today.  I actually walked to my son's school today to pick him up instead of driving. It was about a 40 minute walk round trip.  It was hot!  Of course, it didn't help that I was wearing denim shorts.  I don't currently own a lot, well actually any, exercise appropriate clothing.  I'm going to have to change that.

Although, it was a great opportunity to exercise and spend time with my kid, I probably won't do it again.  He didn't just come right out and say it, but I think he felt it wasn't so cool to be walking home with his mom.  At least I got started and I feel better about myself just knowing I made a positive step.

One little problem, I have a blister on the bottom of both feet.  I don't really know why; I wore my walking shoes and I have never gotten blisters on the bottom of my feet before.  I'm gonna have to invest in some blister block band-aids.  My husband's aunt told me they saved her feet at Disney this summer.

Overall, I am very proud of myself.  I have made a step in the right direction and I feel momentum bubbling up.  I know I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment