Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hunger

"A good meal ought to begin with hunger." --French Proverb

Hunger is the key people!  I have spent the largest chunk of my life eating for the wrong reasons.  Three of my favorites:  "it's time to eat," everyone else is eating," and, "(insert name) offered it to me, I couldn't be rude and not eat it."

I have gone for days without feeling true hunger.  When I really think about that, it's scary.  I never stop eating long enough to get hungry.  It is my new mission in life to be hungry when I eat.  This week is a new beginning for me.

In the past few days I have experienced true hunger and it's amazing how much more satisfying food is when I'm hungry.  I'm also trying to pay attention to how I feel when I eat.  I want to eat to live, not live to eat.  So, another key is to stop eating when I am satisfied and not stuffed.

It's only been a few days, but I can already tell a difference in how I feel, not just physically, but mentally.  I feel like I am doing something good for myself.  I've let myself be controlled by food for so long and now I'm finally in control for once.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm oddly looking forward to weighing on Friday.  I feel good about my progress and hopefully the scales will be in agreement.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment