Friday, August 30, 2013

Weigh-In Friday

My morning did not start off "happy, happy, happy."  My weigh-in results almost had me bolting for the candy aisle to comfort myself.

I gained five pounds this week!  I know part of the reason is that I am retaining fluid; but I don't know why. I feel puffy and my hands and feet are swollen.

One of my medications was changed to a different brand, but it's basically the same thing I have been taking. I am getting more than my required water intake, it's basically all I drink.  I have been snacking on baby carrots and cucumber slices.  It's just so frustrating.

The good news:  I'm happy to report that I did not lose control or have a pity party while stuffing my face full of unhealthy junk foods.  I did allow myself a moment of pouting and then shook it off.

I am more determined than ever to stay on track and keep putting one foot in front of the other. I'm getting my health back one day at a time.


2 comments:

  1. Mandy,
    I feel your frustration. You being swollen takes me back to when I found out I was allergic to gluten and dairy. I Also was extremely swollen. I had to cut out Yeast, gluten, dairy, citric acid and anything that turns to sugar. You might consider changing up your diet. You can call me or message me on Facebook if I can help you in any way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly, I was actually wondering if I could be allergic to something. I also have developed eczema on my scalp. I wonder if it could be something I'm eating. I have tried all kinds of shampoos. The doctor gave me a cream for it, but it would only go away for a day or two and then come right back. It's very irritating.

      Delete