Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Favorite High Protein Foods

Since my surgery my life has changed dramatically. I have had to learn to eat all over again. The goals are low calorie, high protein, hydration and to eat no more than four ounces in a meal. I've learned that some foods are completely off limits. Not just because they may be "unhealthy" but some foods just don't agree with my new stomach. It can be challenging at times. After four months though I'm finally finding a little bit of a groove and I have discovered some foods I like to eat that don't hurt my new belly.

Following are some of my favorite foods of the moment. 

Dannon Light & Fit Strawberry Cheesecake Greek Yogurt
12 Protein
80 Calories




Starkist Chunk Light Tuna Pouch 
17 Protein
70 Calories












Special K Strawberry or Blueberry Meal Bars
12 Protein
180 Calories






Parmesan Cheese Whisps
13 Protein
150 Calories











Righteous Felon Habanero Beef and Pork Stick
8 Protein
110 Calories






Special K Crustless Quiche Sausage and Peppers
11 Protein
170 Calories














Give these a try. I promise you won't be disappointed. My goal is to eat 60 grams of protein every day. These foods allow me to get in the protein I need without a lot of volume or calories. One benefit of eating a diet high in protein is that I stay satisfied longer.   

I am always looking for new foods to try. If you have any recommendations please feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment