Tuesday, March 17, 2020

57 Pounds Down

Looking in the mirror is getting a little easier. After losing 57 pounds I'm feeling so much better. It's easier to breath, it's easier to move, my clothes feel better, and my confidence is growing.

It's been a really long time since I've updated this blog. So much has happened and changed since my last post.

I hit rock bottom. I reached an all time high with my weight, I was suffering with several co-morbidity issues, and frankly I was not living my life. I was miserable.

So, in December of 2018 I attended a seminar on weight loss surgery. That day started a year long journey to what I consider the beginning of my chance at a new, healthier life.

This journey has not been easy by any means. I had to jump through many hoops to get approved for surgery. And although it was sometimes very frustrating, I wouldn't change a thing. I would do it all over in a heartbeat to have this chance to make the life altering changes that are leading me to a healthier lifestyle.

November 5, 2019 was my surgery date. The day that has changed my life for the better. Again, it hasn't been easy. I may not have physical hunger like I did before, but I still have head hunger. I can't eat that much at one time, but if I wanted to I could graze all day long. So don't believe that surgery is a quick fix. It is a tool and you have to use it properly for it to work.

I have a ways to go to get to my goal. And I'm still living with those co-morbidity issues, but they are improving. The most important thing is that I have made a permanent lifestyle change, one that I will strive to maintain for the rest of my life.

Stay tuned, the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment