Friday, March 23, 2018

Eight Pounds Down

I'm glad to report that this week's weigh-in showed a three pound loss. I have now lost a total of eight pounds since beginning Weight Watchers.

My weight loss is slow and steady, which is good, but also a little frustrating. I really want to see results quickly. When I think, "Oh, I've only lost eight pounds!" I remind myself how heavy a five pound bag of sugar is.

I'm eating a lot of fruit and salad which I actually enjoy. My favorite fruit of the moment is pineapple chunks and banana slices for zero points. I make a salad with a few croutons and a packet of tuna fish and I use light Hidden Valley Ranch dressing for four points. Another favorite snack is Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt for only two points. My favorite flavors are Strawberry Cheesecake and Blueberry. For my chocolate fix I've been indulging in Hershey Kisses for only one point each. For the most part I can say that I'm staying satisfied.

I really need to step up the exercise. I've been doing a little bit, but not enough. I really want to be able to do yoga but every time I've tried I feel like I'm going to die. I'm going to try and work up to it. Do what I can and try to get stronger. I feel very weak, especially in my legs.

For now, I'm feeling better and more optimistic than I have in a while. What I like most about Weight Watchers is that I can have what I want, I just have to count it. Yesterday I had McDonald's for breakfast and that was okay. Yes, I had a salad for dinner, but it was worth it to me. You have to figure out a way that you can live with it. I'm trying to learn to make a life change and get my mind set off of being on a diet.

Hopefully these little updates are helpful to someone. I want to encourage others that it can be done and no matter how many times you fall down, just keep getting back up. Feel free to comment any tips or encouragement you may have.

I give all the glory to God who is my strength. Hang in there everyone and until next time, God bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment