Thursday, May 25, 2017

Kickin It Up

Thought it was time to post an update. I have struggled with my journey and the scale has not been moving, until now.

I've made some major changes to my way of eating and it has made all the difference. I have lost eight pounds (in nine days) since making these changes.

I'm no longer eating sugar, bread, pasta, high carb fruits, or starchy vegetables. It hasn't been easy. Getting started was a challenge for sure, but I haven't regretted it for a moment.

I'm feeling better than I have in a while and I really don't get that hungry.

What I do eat is a lot of protein, salads, and vegetables. I snack on pickles, pepperoni, cheese sticks, almonds, and pork rinds. For a sweet treat right now I'm snacking on sugar free jello and 70% or higher dark chocolate. I'm trying to limit my intake of sugar free products, as they can have carbs and contain sugar alcohol.

I'm still learning in this process. But so far I am very pleased with the progress I have seen. It's not an easy way to eat, but it is working for me.

Vacation is coming up and I know that's going to be a challenge, but I am going to do all I can to stick to this new eating plan. My health is so worth it.

Before making these changes I was at the point of giving up. My hope was at an all time low. Now I'm seeing a light in the distance.

Until next time, God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment