Saturday, July 18, 2015

On a Roll

I am so excited and proud to say that I have lost 42 pounds since the beginning of this journey.  

Yesterday morning at my weekly weigh-in, not only did I lose 3.2 pounds, but I also reached a personal milestone.  I did an embarrassing little happy dance when I got off the scale and I haven't been able to stop smiling since.

This has been one of the hardest battles I have fought.  I can truly say there have been times when I wanted to throw in the towel and just quit because the progress seemed slow and it was just so hard.

The determination that I have to get healthy is stronger than it ever has been.  I still have a ways to go, but I'm closer than I've been in a long time to reaching my goals.

At a very low point, when I felt like all my hard work was in vain, I seriously thought, 'Okay, I'm done, I'm giving up!' But, then I took a look back at how far I had come and it became impossible for me to quit.  I had to keep going!  I remember thinking at that moment, 'I've got this.  This time is really going to stick.'

Like I said, I have a ways to go before I reach my final goal, but I feel more certain than ever that I will get there.

I hope that my story might encourage anyone who may be on the same journey.  If I can do it, so can you!  I have an extremely slow metabolism, having hypothyroidism.  For most of this journey my condition has been out of control.  I have had my medications changed about four times since the start of this ride.  It hasn't been easy, but it is so worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment